Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Valravn
Subject : An Eye from a Lye
Date :11/3

As I, Valravn, wandered through the dimly lit corridors of Nagnang Palace, a gleam on the floor caught my attention. There it was, an eyeball, perfectly intact, gazing up at me with an eerie stillness. I recognized it instantly; it was impossible not to. It had been in someone's head, a familiar someone whose identity now danced elusively at the edge of my memory.

Carefully, I scooped it up, wrapping it in a piece of silk I had in my pocket. The eye needed preservation, and my instincts as a mudang urged me to safeguard it. I couldn't just leave a part of someone, however detached, to wither away.

Back in my sanctuary, surrounded by my raven companions, their caws creating a cacophony of sound, I examined the eye more closely. It was almost mesmerizing, its iris a whirlpool drawing me in. And then it struck me - the missing piece of me, the void where my own eye once was. A daring thought, one that treaded the fine line between genius and madness, surfaced. Could I, with my knowledge of alchemy and the arcane, replace my missing eye with this one?

The temptation was overpowering. The prospects of restoring my vision, coupled with the allure of accomplishing something so profound, made my decision for me. I set to work, my fingers trembling slightly with anticipation.

First came the alchemical component. I ground rare herbs, some for their regenerative properties, others for their ability to bridge the physical and spiritual realms. The mixture emitted a pungent, yet oddly invigorating aroma. I then carefully added a few drops of my own blood - a binding agent for the magic to recognize its new host.

Next was the ritual. The room was bathed in the soft glow of candles, their flames dancing shadows across the walls. I chanted in the ancient tongue of the mudang, invoking spirits and forces beyond the veil of our world. The eye, now submerged in the concoction, began to pulsate with a faint light, synchronizing with my heartbeat.

The final step was the most daunting. I had to implant the eye into my own socket. With a deep breath, I began the delicate process, guided by intuition and the whispers of spirits. The sensation was indescribable, a mix of searing pain and exhilarating power coursing through me.

As I opened my newly restored eye, the world came into focus, but it was different - deeper, more vibrant. I could see the very essence of things, the life force that animated the living and the spectral trails of the departed.

But with this newfound vision came a realization. The eye was not just an organ; it carried memories, emotions, a fragment of the soul of its original owner. Flashes of someone else's life flickered before me, like shadows cast by a flickering flame. Whose eye was this? Whose soul was now entwined with mine?

- Valravn
      `\@/'
     Neutral Mudang
     Hyul 142
     10th Moon