Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Roma
Subject :[a note tumbling in the wind]
Date :11/18
Dear Mom,

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've written to you and Grandpa. Truth be told, I haven't wanted you to worry...
  I know you never liked me, your only child, moving to the big city. I left everything behind 13 hyuls ago because I knew I was needed for something great. A chance to serve The Great Warrior Queen was something I just couldn't pass up. I missed home so much but the other soldiers quickly became like family. We all served wholeheartedly because we knew what we were protecting. We weren't just guarding the royal family, we were upholding the ideals in which they shared. Buya, like her Queen, was strong. We watched proudly as the citizens flourished under her leadership and guidance.
   Unfortunately, unexpected things happened at a shaman ritual resulting in the Queen becoming injured. "It is only a scratch" she told us, reassuring us she was fine. We had no reason to think otherwise. The Great Warrior Queen has been through so much worse, after all, that it would make sense that a small scrape was nothing to worry about. We went to bed feeling confident that our fearless leader was safe.
   The next day we started to notice peculiar changes within our liege. It started out as small things like how she would eat her food and her wardrobe choices but began escalating to the way she spoke and even the shape of her eyes. Our suspicions were confirmed one night after an emergency meeting in the barracks when our once loving Queen verbally attacked many of her very best soldiers, even removing one of us from the ranks. This prompted others to lay down their weapons in solidarity and make their leave from the barracks. I wanted to stay. I wanted to get to the bottom of whatever was going on but I knew I couldn't do it from inside anymore.
   The next day I awoke for the first time in a long time as not a soldier. I spoke solemnly with several other former army members about recent events. Together, we decided to form The Inquisition so that we could stick together, working outside the realm of royals and armies for a common goal... To save the Queen. It was obvious to us that the night of the ritual when she was scratched did something to her. This tiny injury had her on her knees in front of ones she once called enemies and alienating her own loyal subjects. We've questioned countless people regarding recent events and honestly it all leads back to known criminal WillowN and the demon Zagrekakand.
    Queen Lasahn enlisted the druids tonight to perform a cleansing ritual where they claimed her highness isn't cursed, instead it's the rest of the kingdom. They then summoned SeaNymph so she may purify the waters of the kingdom, allegedly releasing the "curse" from all of Buya. This action created more questions than answers for us. Was Druid Elder Supply a part of this? It was sus that just a week prior Queen Lasahn sent word to Supply, and her unknown  barbarian husband Ogepi, uncharacteristically begging for forgiveness over a misunderstanding her soldiers had in a Nangen tavern. Why wasn't our queen wearing gold anymore? And perhaps most importantly... what was SeaNymph doing showing up in the shallow canals of Buya when she didn't even make an appearance at the Kogurian festival that was partially in her honor just the day before? All I know for certain is I drank the "healing" water tonight and nothing happened.
    I will remain steadfast in my goal to save the Queen from whatever ails her as the alternative possibility of her just becoming mentally and physically weaker in her old age is much more depressing and something I do not want to think about.
   I promise as soon as I'm done here I'll come visit again. Tell Grandpa I'll bring that chocolate he likes so much. I miss you.

Your baby girl,
Roma