Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Krab
Subject :Introducing PIFF, an independent non-profit
Date :11/28
It has already been a tumultuous year for many in our lands but that is particularly true for the Buyan Ministry. At first glance this may not seem like an issue that impacts most of us. A few less events to attend. A little less sage drama (maybe). However, there is another impact that I believe is easily overlooked: the Shining Jewel Foundation is under the control of the Buyan Minister. Sometimes directly, sometimes through a subordinate ministry official, but always ultimately tied to Buya and the state of its Ministry.

There are two reasons that this is an issue that I think should concern every citizen of these kingdoms:

1. The importance of the SJF in our community: It is
   difficult to overstate the impact the SJF can have when it
   is functioning well. 100's of millions worth of gold,
   spell items, and gear have passed through the SJF's
   coffers and into the hands of new and returning members of
   our community.

I think we are all aware how inhospitable these lands can
   be for individuals not versed in our ways and functions. I
   think we are also all aware of our dwindling population
   and how greatly this diminishes our collective experience
   here. The value of preventing a single new soul from
   becoming discouraged and leaving us is vast and
   unmeasurable.

2. The risk imposed by partisan control: As we are currently
   experiencing, kingdom affairs are often subject to
   political turmoil. Three times in the last year, the
   Buyan Ministry has been unexpectedly without leadership.
   Every time this happens, among other consequences, it
   causes the SJF bank to become locked to its administrators
   and the SJF essentially shuts down. A couple times in the
   past, access has been negotiated and restored prior to
   filling the position, but it seems the gods are done with
   this compromise.

I have no reason to suspect that the past administrators
   were biased in their application of community donated
   funds, but it is certainly easy to imagine how this is
   another potential weakness of political control over such
   a charity. Thankfully, it seems that the leadership has
   been incredibly responsible to date and indeed has
   accomplished great things for the community.

For the reasons stated, we, a small collective of individuals intimately familiar with the SJF and its operations, feel it is incumbent upon us to establish, at the very least, some manner of failsafe to this chaotic yet critical system. I am hereby announcing the formation of the Pay It Forward Foundation (PIFF).

PIFF's mission is to continue the essential effort of providing valuable materials and assistance to new and returning citizens of these kingdoms when the state of the SJF (and any other relevant charitable projects) is uncertain. PIFF also endeavors to assist these organizations when they are active, through equitable sharing of resources and services.

Additionally, PIFF strives for complete transparency in all of its operations. We want everyone in the community to feel comfortable with the manner in which any potential donations are utilized for community good and intend to make a full accounting of all item transfers freely available in an auditable format. The development of the mechanism for this is still underway but will be announced subsequently via another forum.

For the last week, PIFF members have been working to secure funding and we have accumulated a reasonable initial stockpile of applicable items and gold. In addition to providing direct aid to community members, we will make these resources available to other charitable operations (such as the Merchant Guild's recently announced venture) through equitable exchange or directly to qualified recipients.

PIFF is officially open. Please standby for further information and join me in thanking our early sponsors:

Caiden
 CriminalMind
 PoeTxi
 Xerath
 Krab

Krab
SJF; Buya Ambassador