Board :Chronicles of the Winds
Author :Departed
Subject :Wandering... Being Found...
Date :11/4
I have been brought back to these lands, an ancient stranger amidst a sea of time and change.  Reconciling the past with the present, I have slowly started to settle the storms within my mind.  No longer a rogue despite those ways being engrained into my being, I have been slowly coming to terms with this new path of the arcane.

As I wandered driftlessly, scratching out both survival and failure amidst tooth and claw, a kind soul found me purely by fate.  Taking refuge from a downpour, I stumbled into a den of ravenous bears.  Just as my life flashed before my eyes, fang was met with blue steel.  I watched with bated breath, reminiscing umbrally, as the beasts were felled from the shadows.  Skilled far beyond their visage, the stranger guided me to the kingdom gates.  Not stopping there, they were well-versed in these lands and knew of my kind.  Delivering me to the wooden doors of a great cave, they vanished into the wind.

Entering the cave, tears immediately loosed their way from pale eyes.  It was this place again... not at all the same... yet somehow completely the same.  Sensing a presence transcending space and time, I made my way slowly through the dark.  Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I turned to find a dark figure with flowing white hair.  Nearly fainting from deja-vu and disbelief, I immediately collapse to my knees.  It was then that the figure began to speak.

"Departed, you have come.  The path has been long.  This is a resting point for you.  Here you will stay until the path beckons you once more."

It was then that I noticed, not for the first time, many pairs of eyes starting at me.  The path has been long indeed... so very long... I have been deeply changed yet in ways remain deeply the same... but the path has brought me back home.

...Departed