\     `. -- `.
\  .`        `.
 '.            \
 ;       .` `.  ;
 :      : .-, : :
  \     ;((@/) /
   '.    .`-'.'
     `-....-`

~As you approach, it turns to face you, it's gaze meeting yours, and you are blinded by a flash of light...~

You feel yourself being dragged, your sight obscured by a coarse bag covering your face.

"Thought you could hide forver... did you?" A voice in the dark says. "But nothing stays hidden forever..."

You suddenly feel something clamp around your ankles and the *click* of a lock engaging. The bag is removed from your head revealing a dimly lit room. The floor is made of lit coals, but produce no heat or light, and leaning back you can see several ornate dressers and bookshelfs lined with books and vials of various types.

"Now.. I don't think we've been formally introduced. You can call me Crewel Lye." The voice from earlier was coming from the man approaching now, wearing a red cloak and gasa which completely covered his face. "I believe your name was Brine, wasn't it?"

You try to reply, but no words seem to come out of your mouth... "No, there isn't much need for a reply. I didn't bring you here for a chat, but rather to extract repayment."

The man in red faces away for a bit rubbing his chin. "You see... you took something very, very precious from me... I think it's fair to say I get something in return..." The man pulls a small knife from his cloak, and inches towards you...

Words reverberate in your mind as the knife pierces the flesh of your arm. Your eyes dart around the room as you see long silver threads come forth from the shadows, winding thier way towards the open wound, like a slithering snake...

However... they stop short of just entering your body... begin to fray, then vanish from sight...

"Well... isn't that endlessly facinating..." Crewel Lye sits back onto a stool, dropping his knife to the floor... "Now what am I to do with you now?" He leans back a bit as if he's listening to a voice in his head...

He suddenly snaps forward in his seat. "Aha! If you won't be a puppet, then I guess you'll just have to be an ally!" The man chuckles as he heads to a nearby dresser. Opening the drawer he pulls out a dark red colored ornate box. The intricate design covering the box seems to be inlayed with onyx.

Thoughts seem to cross your mind... "Ally?" "What the hell does that mean!?" "I'll never be this man's ally!"

As if reading those thoughts, Crewel Lye turns to you and says. "It doesn't matter what you think, in the end, you will be." He takes out a silver ring from the box, ordained with a rather large white gem. Leaning down, he places it on your right ring finger whispering the words:

"ARTARHX"

You can feel the ring tighten onto your finger as the world around begins to fade into a heavy fog. "What a beautiful spiral you have in your eyes..." The last thing you see, is the man reaching towards your eye with the knife again in his hand...